Thursday, May 21, 2009

The basic concept of troubleshooting

In my younger times my Dad had an electrical workshop in Batticolo (1980 ~ 1985).

One day I hardly remember someone came with an electrical iron and he wanted to fix it because it’s was not working. My Dad had about 10 tech workers in the workshop and a one of a newbie worker has assigned for these kinds of small tasks. (I’m very interested to spend the time in my Dad’s workshop so I was seeing these stories from the beginning)
So, he has removed the front cover of the iron ASAP and replaced the iron element with no delays. But it’s not worked, so he has spend some hours finding where the issue is and finally he decided to get advice from my father and my Dad just asked him to check the fuse in the power plug at the end.

Replacing the fuse has resolved the issue and it worked well with the existed iron element as well. So my Dad has been taught his worker and I have learned the basic concepts of troubleshooting in my age 6.

So I would be honored to respect my farther on the day of completing my 10 years of the IT experience because he has laid the foundation of my success.

At the same time today is my first anniversary with Exilesoft (Pvt) Ltd.

2 comments:

Duma..... said...

hi Sumedha ayya,

You told me that story may be two years ago. I think you remember it. So what I have to tell, your my first tech teacher.I still remember the first day we worked together. You came to me and said do what ever you want but tell me before you do it and after.

Now I'm working in a good company because of you. Than you for every thing... and all the best...

hsnuwan said...

Appreciate your honest words ! Tnx Duminda !