1. Error parsing the server “hostname”“clients.xml” file.Login will continue, contact your system administrator
2. The type initializer for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.HttpWebRequestProxy' threw an exception
Nothing will happen after you click "OK" on above errors.
Don't take a deep breath and panic. ;) follow these easy steps to resolve these errors withing 10 min.
1. You need to get a copy of following DLL file from computer which has installed .NET 3.5 SP1. The file name is System.dll and it's located in %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\
Please Note: Getting this DLL from 32 bit system is fine but not from Windows 7 or Win 2008 versions.
I have uploaded this file for you : http://www.easy-share.com/1908477347/System.dll
2. Create a folder and copy this DDL file to some where in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher" for this example I have created "bug" and copied the DLL inside it.
3. And please find the file named VpxClient.exe.config in the same folder which you have created the folder in action 2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher) Open the particular file and include following lines before the end and without "" and save. (if you can't save the file get the ownership for the current user by using file properties >> Security >> Advanced... )
4. Now you need to make Environment Variable for the DDL file show in the screen shot below
Variable name: DEVPATH
Variable value: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\bug\
That's all and now you are ready to go !